Mobile Food Van Insurance
Compare Cheap Mobile Food Van Insurance Quotes
- Cover for jiffy trucks, catering vans, trailers, carts & many more vehicles
- Competitive quotes from specialist brokers
- Public liability available from all partners
- Hassle-free – complete just one, quick easy form
- Compare & see if you can save today!
Excellent: 4.9/ 5 ★★★★★ based on 119 reviews
What is mobile food van insurance?
Running a mobile food van means you’re able to cater for almost every occasion. Whether your business is fish and chips or ice cream by the seaside, or mobile hog roasts for weddings, getting the right insurance for your van can be a confusing business.
The cost of insurance for mobile catering vans can vary hugely. It will depend on factors like what type of food you sell, whether it’s hot or cold if your food van has been modified, and where you operate.
Who needs it?
Specialist mobile catering insurance policies are available for all the following types of food van:
- Ice cream vans
- Street food trucks
- Sandwich vans
- Mobile Chinese food vans
- Fish and chip vans
- Burger vans
- Jiffy trucks
- Coffee vans
- Concession vans
What cover do I need?
As well as ensuring your food van is safe and legal to drive, you must make sure you’re covered against the risk to third parties from the food you prepare.
Serving contaminated or undercooked food can lead to food poisoning and if your food makes someone ill, they may claim against you. You might be ordered to pay compensation, which can leave you out of pocket and even cause your business to fold.
- Public liability insurance for mobile food vans
This type of cover protects your business from third-party claims. It also protects you if you accidentally damage someone’s property during the course of using your food van, for example spilling a hot drink on someone’s phone or damaging another vehicle as you park.
- Employers’ liability cover
This is a legal requirement if you have staff members who work for you. This type of policy will cover any claims for compensation by employees past or present if they have been hurt or injured whilst at work.
- Business equipment insurance
Your food van catering equipment is a vital part of your business, so it makes sense to cover it in case of damage or loss. This type of policy protects the fixtures and fittings on your mobile food van so you can repair or replace them quickly without too much loss of trade.
How to get cheaper insurance for my mobile food van?
The cost of your premium will depend on your individual circumstances. Policy costs are based around the age and type of your food van, it’s condition, how old it is and whether you have previously made any claims.
The lower the perceived risk, the lower your insurance premiums will be.
- Store your food van in a garage or lockup premises when you’re not using it. This reduces the risk of theft.
- Make sure that all catering equipment is in a good state of repair.
- Following good hygiene and health and safety practices can reduce the risk of claims against your business.
- Consider fitting a black box device, to demonstrate safe driving, which can sometimes lower your insurance premiums.
- Check you are only paying for the cover you need.