Home » Office Insurance » Small office insurance

Small Office Insurance

Compare Cheap Small Office Insurance Quotes

  • Compare small office insurance providers with QuoteRadar
  • All leading UK insurance providers
  • Multiple quotes from specialist brokers
  • Hassle-free – complete just one, quick easy form
  • Compare & see if you can save today!
small office insurance

Excellent: 5/ 5   ★★★★★   based on 29 reviews

Arthur J. Gallagher business insurance logo
insync insurance logo
quote 123 logo
cia experts in commercial insurance logo
morgan richardson specialist business insurance logo
towergate small office insurance

Why you need small office insurance?

If you run a small business, you might choose to work from home or from an office. Even if you only have a small office, it’s still important to have insurance cover in place.

Your small office is still the hub of your business. It’s likely where you keep your computer or laptop, phones, paperwork and any other important items. If something unexpected was to happen, replacing the contents of your office could leave you facing hefty bills.

Unfortunately, theft is a real concern even for smaller offices. Criminals often target office premises as they are left empty overnight.

What is small office insurance?

Your office insurance will protect you financially, not only from the loss of your equipment if it is stolen but from other types of risk too.

The idea is to make sure that if you need to make a claim for any reason,  your business is able to keep on trading as far as possible, without any loss of productivity.

What type of cover do I need for a small office?

Office contents insurance

You’ll need to protect the contents of your office. This is likely to include computer and electronic equipment, but also the furniture too. Office contents insurance will pay out if your items are stolen, or damaged by fire or flood so that you can quickly get back on your feet.

Office buildings insurance

If you own your office building, you’ll need to make sure that the fabric of the office itself is covered against any damage. If the building is damaged by high winds or flooding, office buildings insurance will cover the cost of any repairs.

Public liability cover

Even small businesses may have clients or visitors on the premises at times. Public liability cover protects you if someone is injured at your office, or their property is damaged.

Professional indemnity cover

Depending on the type of business you run, you might choose to take out professional indemnity cover as part of your office insurance. This protects you if a client or customer says you have acted negligently, or have caused them to incur a loss as a result of your trading.


Do I need employers’ liability cover for my small office?

It doesn’t matter how small your business is – if you employ any staff you must have employers’ liability insurance in place. This applies for trainees, apprentices and volunteers too. This type of cover protects you (and your staff) if they are hurt during the course of their work and make a claim against your business.

I work from home. Do I need office insurance?

Most standard home insurance policies will not cover areas of your home if they are being used commercially. You should speak to your provider about adding coverage for your home office to protect yourself and your equipment.

How much does small office insurance cost?

The cost of your office insurance will depend on your circumstance. Your insurer will want to know about the size of your business, the type of equipment and premises you use, and what level of cover you need.

Copyright © 2020 QuoteRadar.co.uk
Quoteradar.co.uk is a trading style of Zorley Limited, Registration No: 12867725 who are a Limited company registered in England, Registered office: Zorley Ltd, Kemp House, 152 - 160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX.
We work in partnership with QuoteSearcher Limited who are authorised and regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority, their registration number is 504796. Upon form submission, your details will be passed to a panel of insurance brokers regulated by The Financial Conduct Authority for the purpose of providing you with insurance quotations.