Compare Cheap Office Insurance Quotes
Excellent: 4.9/ 5 ★★★★★ based on 119 reviews
More options to find cheap office insurance
- Search best office insurance providers
- Simple and short form to get quotes
- Immediate results with no obligation
- Over three million users at quotezone
- Recommended by 97% customers
- Compare & see if you could save
Why you need office insurance?
If you run a business, it is important to make sure you have the right office insurance. This applies whether you run a small business or a large commercial organisation. The office is the hub of any business, and any disruption can have a huge impact on a business. If vital
Types of office insurance cover
Most office insurance policies will cover three broad areas:
- The premises and equipment
- Customers and staff
- Outgoing costs should you have to stop trading
Office premises and equipment cover
The exact policy you need depends on whether you own or lease your office building. Buildings insurance is needed if you own the office, to cover damage to the fabric of the building itself. If you lease office premises, your landlord should have buildings insurance cover arranged as part of the commercial property agreement.
Home offices may need a separate cover. Not all residential insurers provide cover if part of the home is used for commercial or business. Check your policy carefully to make sure your cover reflects your needs.
Office Contents insurance
Your office may contain valuable equipment. Contents insurance will cover replacement of items like computers, laptops, or phones in the event of theft, fire or damage.
Fixtures and fittings cover
As well as
Shop front cover
Business operating shop front premises might need to consider
Lots of businesses hold thousands of pounds worth of stock. It is possible to
Policies available to cover the liability
There are several liability insurance options available to cover the liability of a business. Here are some of the main covers:
Public liability office insurance
This protects members of the public on company premises. It is up to business owners to make sure visitors are safe, and that the risk of accidents is low. However, in the event that someone is injured or hurt, business public liability insurance would cover the costs if a claim was brought.
Employers liability insurance
Business owners must have insurance to cover staff working at an office. This applies regardless of the size of the business and includes small businesses. Employers liability insurance is also needed if your business uses freelance or volunteer staff too. The policy should cover any costs associated if a staff member is injured, or suffers damage from a situation that an employer is liable for. The minimum cover required by law is £5million.
Professional indemnity insurance
If your business offers advice to clients, your office insurance might also include professional indemnity insurance. If a client brings a legal case against a business, this type of policy will cover any legal fees your defence incurs. It may also cover the costs of compensation if required.
Save money on your office insurance
- Shopping around to compare different office insurance policies is the best way to get the right deal.
- Think about what specific risks your office needs to be covered for. Does it contain specialist equipment, or fixtures and fittings?
- Make sure your premises are secure. Fitting security measures like CCTV, or alarms may lower your premiums
- If your office holds stock, fitting additional secure storage may also lower the cost of office insurance
- Make sure when comparing office insurance quotes that your policy covers any sector-specific risks for your business