Compare Cheap Coach Insurance Quotes
Excellent: 4.9/ 5 ★★★★★ based on 119 reviews
More options to find cheap coach insurance
Why you need coach insurance?
If you own one coach or a whole fleet of coaches, you need to have the right insurance. Insurance is a legal requirement for any coach driven on the roads. A coach insurance policy covers you in the event of an accident, or damage to your coach. Both private drivers and commercial coach and bus operators need to have insurance in place.
Transporting passengers comes with a duty of care to ensure their safety. Making sure appropriate insurance cover is in place is a must. Whether the coach is used for school trips, charity or educational trips, community transport, airport transfers, coach tours or coach hire, drivers and passengers must be covered by an insurance policy.
Who needs coach insurance?
Specialist coach insurance policies are available for a range of coach operators. If you own or are operating any of the following types of coach business, you should consider a specialist coach or bus insurance policy:
- Private Hire
- Public Hire
- Contract coach services
- Overseas coach travel
- Leisure tours
- Community coach transport
- Double-decker coach
If you operate any other type of vehicle as part of your business
Types of coach insurance – what is covered?
Coach insurance is usually at one of three different levels:
- Third-party only cover. This is the most basic type of cover.
- Third-party fire and theft. With this type of policy, damage to other vehicles is covered, along with costs if your own vehicle is damaged by fire or theft.
- Comprehensive insurance. This is the highest level of cover. This might also include personal injury costs or windscreen damage cover.
Coach and bus insurance policies have options to extend coverage. Examples include windshield cover, as replacing the glass in a coach can be very costly. Policies might also cover damage to sunroofs or windows caused by passengers. Coach operators may also need goods in transit cover, public liability and employer’s liability insurance as part of an insurance policy. Check with your provider which policy will be best for your specific needs.
Things to consider when choosing the right insurance
The cost of coach cover depends on the size of the vehicle, expected mileage and age of the coach. Your insurer will need to know: How many drivers will be insured on the policy? Less experienced drivers may increase the price of the premium. If the vehicle is a hire vehicle. If the public will be driving the coach, the risk of damage or accidents may be higher, which could increase policy costs.
What the average annual mileage will be for the coach or bus.
How many passengers will be using the coach?
What safety measures are in place to increase passenger safety.
How to save money on coach insurance?
Consider using a specialist provider. Insurers who understand the insurance market can offer savings. By following these simple tips, you could save money on your insurance policy:
- Compare insurance quotes from a range of providers
- If you operate a fleet of coaches, ask about a policy to cover multiple vehicles.
- Make sure safety equipment like seat belts are up to date and meet current standards.
- Know your estimated mileage. Don’t pay for the cover you don’t need.